How To Make Sweet Spring Chicks Cake Pops
Cake pops are delicious treats made with crumbled cake, which is turned into soft dough using frosting. Spring chick cake pops are usually made during the Easter season. So make these cake pops and enjoy with your friends and family.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar (extra, if needed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp tutti frutti (totally optional)
Notes: To make a chocolate-flavored cake, add 3 tbsp of cocoa powder and ¼ cup of extra sugar to the above recipe. Or for a simpler option, use your favorite ready-made cake mix.
– I used store-bought vanilla frosting. One can use any flavor of store frosting or a homemade one.
- white candy wafers
- lollipop sticks
- yellow food coloring
- yellow rainbow chip sprinkles as feet and wings
- orange rainbow chip sprinkles as beak
- black edible gel pen for eyes
- Sift all-purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into one bowl and set it aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla essence into another bowl. Whisk by hand or with a hand blender until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Combine flour mixture and wet ingredients and mix well – but for best results, don’t mix more than needed to combine the two.
- Preheat the oven to
- Pour the cake mixture into a cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check the cake, prick a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, without batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Once the cake cools fully, divide it into small pieces and scramble it into a grainy texture.
- Into the scrambled cake mixture, add frosting and knead it into a soft dough.
- Now scoop out the mixture with your hands and shape into a series of rounds.
- Place all the round shaped dough into plate which should be lined with parchment paper or wax paper and keep the plate into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy chocolate in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Stir well till you get a smooth candy mixture. Avoid any lumps by stirring it continuously.
- After 15 minutes in the freezer, the shaped dough should set. Take it out.
- Dip a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and push the stick through the cold cake pops.
- Dip the cake pop into meted chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip off before you invert the pops in the foam.
- Leave the cake pops in the foam until the chocolate sets.
- When cake pops dry completely, use a toothpick to dot a small amount of melted candy coating in position for the beak and attach an orange-colored sprinkle. Now, use a toothpick to dot a small amount of melted candy coating in position for the wings and feet and attach yellow-color rainbow sprinkles.
- Your spring-chick cake pops are ready to serve.