How To Make Sheep Cake Pops
Sheep cake pops are one of the best-looking pops. You can also call them “sugar sheep.” The sugar-coated pearls over the pops makes these sheep look pretty and taste sweet. Be very careful before you bite these pops too hard! You can also use the sort of soft edible pearls that are mainly used for cake decoration.
For sponge cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar (extra, if needed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
Notes: For a simpler option, use your favorite ready-made cake mix.
For frosting – I used store-bought vanilla frosting. One can use any flavor of store frosting or a homemade one.
- white candy wafers
- lollipop sticks
- sugar pearls
- M&M chocolate candy for the face
- black edible gel pen for making legs
- pink heart-shaped sprinkle for mouth
- Sift the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt into one bowl and set it aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla essence into another bowl. Whisk by hand or with a hand blender until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Combine flour mixture and wet ingredients and mix well – but for best results, don’t mix more than needed to combine the two.
- Preheat the oven to
- Pour the cake mixture into a cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check the cake, prick a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, without batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Once the cake cools fully, divide it into small pieces and scramble it into a grainy texture.
- Into the scrambled cake mixture, add frosting and knead it into a soft dough.
- Now scoop out the mixture with your hands and shape into a series of rounds.
- Place all the round shaped dough into plate which should be lined with parchment paper or wax paper and keep the plate into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy chocolate in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Stir well till you get a smooth candy mixture. Avoid any lumps by stirring it continuously.
- After 15 minutes in the freezer, the shaped dough should set. Take it out.
- Dip a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and push the stick through the cold cake pops.
- Dip the cake pop into the melted chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip off before you invert the pops in the foam.
- Immediately attach M&M candy in position for the mouth, and (working over a larger bowl to catch the sugar pearls as they fall) sprinkle sugar pearls on the coating before it sets.
- Let the pops dry completely.
- For the eyes and mouth, using a toothpick place a tiny dot of melted white candy, and then attach sugar pearls and pink heart-shaped sprinkle, respectively. Allow them to dry again.
- Your sugar sheep cake pops are ready to serve.
Incoming search terms:
- spongebob cake pops
- sheep cake pops