How To Make Popcorn Cake Pops
As you all know what are popcorn are? You enjoy it lot during movie times. Just with same idea, I thought to do cake pops which resembles as popcorn bags and the little marshmallows which are stuck at the tops resembles as popcorn. Making was just a fun. So lets see how to make them.
For Making Sponge cake
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp corn flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp vanilla essence
½ cup sour cream
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup sugar (extra, if needed)
½ cup unsalted butter
2 tbsp truity fruity (totally optional)
Notes: To the above cake recipe, one can add 3 tbsp of cocoa powder and ¼ cup of extra sugar to make chocolate flavor cake.
For the simpler way, use readymade cake mix of your flavor.
For Frosting – I used store bought vanilla frosting
Notes: One can use any flavor frosting or can use home made one.
- Sieve all purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into one bowl and keep it aside.
- Then combine butter, sugar and vanilla essence into another bowl. Whisk till you get smooth and creamy mixture.
- Whisking can be done with hand blender or normally with ladle.
- Add sour cream and mix again well.
- Then mix in flour mixture into wet ingredients and fold it well. Remember not to over mix the flour into wet ingredients for the best result of the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Pour the cake mixture into baking cake pan and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check the cake, prick the toothpick at the center of the cake, if the toothpick comes out clean, without batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool down.
- Once the cakes cool down, divide the cake into small pieces and scrambled it into grainy texture.
- Into scrambled cake mixture, add vanilla frosting and knead well till you get soft kind of dough.
- Now scoop out the mixture into your hands and shape into flat rectangular shape.
- Place all the rectangular shaped dough into plate which should be lined with parchment paper or wax paper and keep the plate into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the candy chocolate into microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Stir well till you get smooth candy mixture. Avoid any lumps by stirring it continuously.
- When the shaped dough are set into freezer for 15 minutes. Take it out.
- Dip lollipop stick into melted chocolate and push the stick through the cold cake pops.
- Dip the cake pop into meted chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip off before you invert the pops in the foam.
- Leave the cake pops in the foam until the chocolate sets.
- Prepare the popcorn. Use a sharp knife to make 2 or 3 diagonal marks on each mini marshmallow. Make sure you do not cut through the mini marshmallows.
- When cake pops are ready, dip the tops back in the melted candy coating. Hold them right side up and attach three mini marshmallows to each one. The marshmallows will attach more quickly if the candy coating is not too hot.
- Repeat the same process with other remaining cake pops. And let it dry completely.
- Write “POP” on front of each cake pop with black color edible gel pen.
- Also draw vertical lines on each cake pop using red color edible gel pen.
- When chocolate hardens, decorate the kitty by the way you like.
- Popcorn bags cake pops are ready.
Incoming search terms:
- popcorn shaped cake pops