Joker Shaped Cake Pops
Earlier, I said cake pops are delightful little bites of sweet cake coated with chocolate. Today, I am here with joker-shaped cake pops. Making joker cake pops is just fun, like child’s play. Try it once and enjoy this fun for yourself.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar (extra, if needed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp tutti frutti (totally optional)
Notes: To make a chocolate-flavored cake, add 3 tbsp of cocoa powder and ¼ cup of extra sugar to the above recipe. Or for a simpler option, use your favorite ready-made cake mix.
For frosting– I used store-bought vanilla frosting. One can use any flavor of store frosting or a homemade one.
- White candy wafers
- Lollipop sticks
- Black color edible pen for eyes
- Green color edible pen for eyebrows
- Pink color edible pen for lips and for funny hair
- Red color M&M candy
- Red color jelly candy for hat
- Sift all-purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into one bowl and set it aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla essence into another bowl. Whisk by hand or with a hand blender until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Combine flour mixture and wet ingredients and mix well – but for best results, don’t mix more than needed to combine the two.
- Preheat the oven to
- Pour the cake mixture into a cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check the cake, prick a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, without batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Once the cake cools fully, divide it into small pieces and scramble it into a grainy texture.
- Into the scrambled cake mixture, add frosting and knead it into a soft dough.
- Now scoop out the mixture with your hands and shape into a series of rounds.
- Place all the round shaped dough into plate which should be lined with parchment paper or wax paper and keep the plate into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy chocolate in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Stir well till you get a smooth candy mixture. Avoid any lumps by stirring it continuously.
- After 15 minutes in the freezer, the shaped dough should set. Take it out.
- Dip a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and push the stick through the cold cake pops.
- Dip the cake pop into the melted chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip off before you invert the pops in the foam.
- Leave the cake pops in the foam until the chocolate sets.
- Once the chocolate hardens, decorate the joker cake pops by sticking on its hat and some M&M candy. Decorate with eyes, eyebrows, lips and funny hair.
- Your joker cake pops are ready to serve.
Incoming search terms:
- how to bake a child joker birthady cake
- joker cake
- joker cake pan
- joker cake pans
- joker cake recipes