Pretty Kitty Cake Pops
Hello — today I am here with beautiful kitty cake pops.
Cake pops are a wonderful treat which look like lollipops in beautiful shapes and designs. They are usually made with cake, which is turned into soft dough using frosting. Children are great fans of these treats.
Let’s start with this beautiful and funny pop that looks like a kitten.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar (extra, if needed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp tutti frutti (totally optional)
Notes: To make a chocolate-flavored cake, add 3 tbsp of cocoa powder and ¼ cup of extra sugar to the above recipe. Or for a simpler option, use your favorite ready-made cake mix.
For frosting – I used store-bought vanilla frosting. One can use any flavor of store frosting or a homemade one.
- White candy wafers
- Lollipop sticks
- White chocolate chips for kitty’s ears
- Black edible gel tube
- Pink pearl sprinkle for kitty’s nose
- Blue flat sprinkle for eyes
- Pink heart-shaped sprinkles as the hair bow.
- Sift all-purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into one bowl and set it aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla essence into another bowl. Whisk by hand or with a hand blender until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Combine flour mixture and wet ingredients and mix well – but for best results, don’t mix more than needed to combine the two.
- Preheat the oven to
- Pour the cake mixture into a cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check the cake, prick a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, without batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Once the cake cools fully, divide it into small pieces and scramble it into a grainy texture.
- Into the scrambled cake mixture, add frosting and knead it into a soft dough.
- Now scoop out the mixture with your hands and shape into a series of rounds.
- Place all the round shaped dough into plate which should be lined with parchment paper or wax paper and keep the plate into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy chocolate in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Stir well till you get a smooth candy mixture. Avoid any lumps by stirring it continuously.
- After 15 minutes in the freezer, the shaped dough should set. Take it out.
- Dip a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and push the stick through the cold cake pops.
- Stick white chocolate chips at each side of the cake pops to look like kitty’s ears. (Please see the image to understand this better.)
- Dip the cake pop into the melted chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip off before you invert the pops in the foam.
- Leave the cake pops in the foam until the chocolate sets.
- When the chocolate hardens, decorate the kitty by the way you like.
- Hello! Your kitty cake pops are ready.
Incoming search terms:
- hello kitty cake pops
- how to make cakepops