Cake pops are one of the creative recipe made during party time. Cake pops are made with crumbled cake, which is turned into soft dough using frosting. Here are some honey bee cake pops. I love their shape. They look cute in their appearance and very delicious in their taste. Making these cake pops was very simple. So try these lovely cake pops and experience the fun.
For Making Sponge cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar (extra, if needed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp truity fruity (totally optional)
Notes: To the above cake recipe, one can add 3 tbsp of cocoa powder and ¼ cup of extra sugar to make chocolate flavor cake.
For the simpler way, use readymade cake mix of your flavor
For Frosting – I used store bought vanilla frosting
Notes: One can use any flavor frosting or can use home made one.
- Candy wafers – white
- Yellow food colour – few drops
- Lollipop sticks
- Black edible gel tube
- Black tube shaped sprinkle for bee’s eyebrow
- Few chocolate wafer for bee’s ears
- Sieve all purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into one bowl and keep it aside.
- Then combine butter, sugar and vanilla essence into another bowl. Whisk till you get smooth and creamy mixture.
- Whisking can be done with hand blender or normally with ladle.
- Add sour cream and mix again well.
- Then mix in flour mixture into wet ingredients and fold it well. Remember not to over mix the flour into wet ingredients for the best result of the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Pour the cake mixture into baking cake pan and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check the cake, prick the toothpick at the center of the cake, if the toothpick comes out clean, without batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool down.
- Once the cakes cool down, divide the cake into small pieces and scrambled it into grainy texture.
- Into scrambled cake mixture, add vanilla frosting and knead well till you get soft kind of dough.
- Now scoop out the mixture into your hands and shape into oval shape
- Place the shaped dough into plate which should be lined with parchment paper or wax paper and keep the plate into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the candy chocolate into microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Mix in few drops of yellow color and stir well.
- When the shaped dough are set into freezer for 15 minutes. Take it out .
- Dip lollipop stick into melted chocolate and push the stick through the cold cake pops.
- Now dip the cake pop into meted chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip off before you invert the pops in the foam.
- Insert white chocolate wafer when the chocolate is wet. Because you cannot stick the wafers after the chocolate is harden. Also stick eyebrows of the bees.
- Leave the cake pops in the foam until the chocolate sets.
- When chocolate hardens, decorate the bees by making few lines on its body , its eyes and mouth using black edible gel tube.
- Honey bee’s cake pops are ready.
Incoming search terms:
- how to make bumble bee cake pops
- how to make bee cake pops