How To Make Berry Cake Pops
As you all know, berries are the very refreshing summer fruits, making cake pops in the shape of berries are just a delight. There are a variety of berries and you can make them all using this method.
For sponge cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar (extra, if needed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
Notes: For a simpler option, use your favorite ready-made cake mix.
– I used store-bought vanilla frosting. One can use any flavor of store frosting or a homemade one.
- chocolate-flavored candy wafers
- lollipop sticks
- Red food coloring
- green edible gel for making leaves
a small amount of sugar pearls, used in cake decoration
- Sift the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt into one bowl and set it aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla essence into another bowl. Whisk by hand or with a hand blender until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Combine flour mixture and wet ingredients and mix well – but for best results, don’t mix more than needed to combine the two.
- Preheat the oven to
- Pour the cake mixture into a cake pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To check the cake, prick a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, without batter on it, then the cake is done.
- Once the cake cools fully, divide it into small pieces and scramble it into a grainy texture.
- Into the scrambled cake mixture, add frosting and knead it into a soft dough.
- Now scoop out the mixture with your hands and shape into a series of rounds.
- Place all the round shaped dough into plate which should be lined with parchment paper or wax paper and keep the plate into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the candy chocolate in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Stir well till you get a smooth candy mixture. Avoid any lumps by stirring it continuously.
- After 15 minutes in the freezer, the shaped dough should set. Take it out.
- Dip a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and push the stick through the cold cake pops.
- Dip the cake pop into melted chocolate and allow any excess chocolate to drip off before you invert the pops in the foam.
- Leave the cake pops in the foam until the chocolate sets.
- When cake pops dry completely, use toothpick to dot a small amount of melted candy coating over the cake pops and stick sugar pearls on each. Also, draw the leaves using green edible gel.
- Your berry cake pops are ready to serve.